Do you ever wonder how celebrities get those luscious lashes without all the thick black clumping of mascara? For those of you who don’t tune in to every makeup blog and vlog out there, who may be falsies-illiterate and don’t know how to contour, something as simple as a celebrity’s thick, natural-looking lashes may seem like magic.
Let us de-mystify those magical lashes for you: they are more than likely rocking eyelash extensions. Even better, you can have the same amazing and natural-looking lashes. It’s as easy as visiting the team at Celebrity Lash and Brow Design here in Glendale! If this is your first time delving into the world of eyelash extensions, we’re here to provide you with the basics and guide you through the process. Before your first visit, check out the above image to get an idea what lash design you want and review these basics to know what to expect:
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are like false eyelashes (falsies), only better. They last longer, look more natural, and are easily customizable. You can choose from a variety of curls and lengths to enhance your natural eyelashes or choose a different color for a more dramatic look.
During your appointment, your aesthetician will work with you to customize lashes to match the shape of your eye. False lashes are then attached individually to your eyelashes with a long-lasting adhesive. The initial appointment is fairly lengthy, so plan to spend an hour or two at Celebrity Lash and Brow Design in Glendale; however, once that first full set of false lashes is applied, you’ll only need to come back for a fill every 2 to 3 weeks, just to touch up.
Make Your Eyes Pop!
Eyelash extensions can make your eyes look brighter and more open or create a fuller sultry look without mascara. Here are our suggestions to emphasize your eyes based on your eye shape:
- Deep Set – Deep set eyes are set back a bit further into the socket and often look small. Make your eyes pop with longer lashes across the lid with a natural curl.
- Single Lidded – This eye shape doesn’t have much of an eyelid crease. Alternate long and short lashes to create a full look that doesn’t overwhelm.
- Hooded/Wide Set – These shapes often have a deeper crease. Lift and open your eye shape by choosing longer extensions across the lid with medium-curl lashes.
- Downturned – Lift the slight drooping at the ends of your eyes by adding long curled lashes to the outer corners.
- Close Set – These shapes often appear too close together. Make eyes appear wider and brighter by applying shorter lashes near the nose and longer towards the outer corners.
- Round/Almond – This shape doesn’t need much lifting. Open and brighten by applying shorter lashes on the inner corners and moving naturally to long at the ends.
If you’re ready to enhance your eyes and make your makeup routine easier, call Celebrity Lash and Brow Design to schedule your eyelash extension consultation today!